Lions Club of Calcutta was inaugurated on 1st February 1957 and was accorded its charter by Lions Clubs International on 13th March 1957. It is the first Lions Club which has been formed in the entire Eastern region - Burma (now Myanmar), Nepal, Bhutan and Eastern India consisting of West Bengal, Orissa, Assam, Bihar and north eastern states. It was part of the then undivided District 304E and now part of sub-divided District 322B1.

Fifty years in the life of an institution is in itself a great achievement more so when we consider the humanitarian services it has rendered over these years to the needy people of the society.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  © 2012 Aceast Technologies Pvt Ltd - www.aceast.com
Best viewed in 1024x768, Firefox 2 and above, IE 7 and above.